It is the Christmas season, and we’re celebrating the holidays with a cosy family picnic with classic movies screened at VOX Cinemas OUTDOOR. Cushions, rugs and an easy picnic style Christmas buffet to set the tone for a festive and fun afternoon.
Christmas Brunch at VOX Cinemas OUTDOOR at Aloft City Centre Deira - Dubai
Chef Muhanad is set to amaze us with delicious holiday meals, getting the turkey ready to be roasted and stuffed with tasty bites.
“I’ve decided to make simple and original Christmas recipes because the festive season is all about joyful memories with the family and nostalgic moments.”
Inspired by traditional home-made recipes, Chef Muhanad is sharing with us the classic roasted turkey with stuffing and the correct carving procedure.
Roasted-Honey Glazed Turkey, Christmas Recipe
1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup butter, cubed
2 cups chopped onion
1-1/2 cups chopped celery
12 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes or dry bread cubes
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
3/4 teaspoon salt
3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups boiling water
1. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Bake at 325° for 2 hours.
2. In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients; brush over turkey. Bake 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reads 170°-175°. Baste occasionally with pan drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
3. For stuffing, in a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Add stuffing cubes and seasonings; toss to combine. Stir in enough boiling water to reach desired moistness; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. Baking dish. Bake, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
4. Remove turkey from oven; cover loosely with foil and let stand 15 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with turkey and stuffing.
5. The roasted turkey finally served with cranberry sauce and redcurrant.
Method to carve a turkey:
• Set up a carving station including carving board, knife, and a serving platter
• Remove the leg and thigh from one side
Positioning the turkey's cavity to face you and slice through into half. Then grab the thigh and push down until the thigh joint releases and pops out. Cut the thigh off, then set the leg and thigh aside on the serving platter.
• Remove the breast from that same side
Slice through the skin on the top of the turkey along the breastbone from the neck joint and the wishbone first.
• Remove the wing
Pull each back, as you did the legs, and cut at the joint. Set on the platter.
• Slice up the breast and thigh pieces
Grab the thighs and cut the thigh meat off the bone and cut into smaller pieces, if desired. Finally, slice the breasts crosswise at a slight angle into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
• Repeat on the other half of the turkey
VOX Cinemas OUTDOOR
Date: December 25th, 2018
Time: 12:30 PM – 15:30 PM
Booking for the promotion needs to be in advance, please refer to www.urbancoolonthecreek.com or email: [email protected] or call us on +971521218716